Museum of International Folk Art
The Museum of International Folk Art opened to the public in 1953, and has gained national and international recognition as the home of the world's largest collection of folk art, with more than 135,000 objects from over 100 countries.
Founded by Florence Dibell Bartlett, the museum has four wings devoted to folk art: the original Bartlett wing, the Girard wing (1982), the Hispanic Heritage wing (1989), and the Neutrogena wing (1998). Lloyd's Treasure Chest, in the Neutrogena wing, is an open and interactive storage area that allows visitors access to changing displays drawn from various collections.
Public programs for all ages are offered at the museum throughout the year.